Hip Pain Treatment in South Florida at Back To Mind
Hip pain can drastically limit your mobility while also wrecking your quality of life. When this complex ball-and-socket joint suffers an injury, degenerative condition or chronic pain issue, you may find it impossible even to sit comfortably, to say nothing of the many everyday activities you can no longer perform. Fortunately, you can get non-surgical solutions for your pain from our chiropractor here at Back to Mind, Dr. Gady Abramson.
Common Causes of Hip Pain
Because the human hip joint consists of a number of different components, it also contains a number of potential failure points — and those failures can leave you in significant pain. Common causes of hip pain include:
- Arthritis– Arthritis in the hip can cause chronic joint inflammation, pain, and stiffness. There are many different types of arthritis, the most common being osteoarthritis (degeneration of the joint cartilage).
- Bursitis– Your hip joint contains fluid-filled sacs called bursae which minimize friction between tendons and bones. But if these bursae experience too much friction, they can become painfully irritated, a problem known as bursitis.
- Tendinitis– Tendinitis is the inflammation of one or more tendons. This can occur either as an acute injury or as a chronic condition.
- Sciatica– Sciatica is a neurological syndrome caused by a pinched nerve — specifically, the sciatic nerve or its nerve roots. Since the sciatic nerve runs through the hip and leg, you may experience referred pain in the hip.
- Sprain or another acute injury– A sprain is a stretched or torn ligament. This acute injury tends to occur when you suddenly twist your hip or change direction while your foot is planted. Another acute hip injury is a labral tear, which involves damage to the ring of cartilage surrounding the socket.
- Overuse– Any joint, including the hip, can sustain progressive damage and experience chronic pain as a result of overuse. Repetitive motions in your chosen work or sport can lead to constant muscle strain and tendinitis.
Understanding Your Symptoms
The severity and behavior patterns of your hip pain may vary depending on its underlying cause. In the case of arthritis, for instance, joint motion produces pain and stiffness that grows progressively worse over time. A severe sprain may cause sudden, sharp pain as well as bruising or swelling. Sciatica may cause buttock, leg, or lower back symptoms in addition to hip pain.
Hip Pain Treatment Options at Our Chiropractic Clinic
Our chiropractic clinic can help you overcome your hip pain without using painkillers or surgical procedures. A thorough evaluation by our chiropractor can identify the underlying location and cause of your injury or condition. We can then prescribe a holistic, multi-modal healing or pain management program utilizing techniques such as:
- Chiropractic care– Chiropractic adjustments can help normalize hip function and ease joint friction. Spinal adjustments can take the pressure off of pinched nerve roots, putting a stop to sciatica.
- Physiotherapy– You may benefit from a variety of physiotherapy techniques that improve range of motion and promote tissue healing.
- Injury rehabilitation– We can create an individualized injury rehabilitation plan to help you restore strength and flexibility to your injured hip joint.
- Massage therapy– Massage therapy can increase blood flow and fluid drainage to an ailing hip, easing both acute and chronic pain.
- Hydrotherapy– Hydrotherapy uses the healing power of warm water to soothe joints and ease conditions such as bursitis.
Back to Mind is proud to serve as your source for hip pain relief in Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Hollywood FL. Make your appointment today by calling Back to Mind Chiropractic at 954-986-4559.